Sunday, December 9, 2012

Edmodo Survey= $ to Explore New Apps

Just thought I'd share something I discovered the other day:

When I was exploring around and looking at the apps on Edmodo a link/info bar came up saying that I could get $50 of Edmodo app credits if I took a short survey for them. I was hesitant but did it--and got $50 work of free credits. No joke! Pretty sweet huh? The only caveat is that they expire if you don't spend them (after 14 days I think?). I figured it'd be a great way for me to explore some of the apps that I may want to use in the classroom without feeling ripped off if it's not what I wanted it to be. I've downloaded a bunch of them and have a year to play around with them before they need to be renewed--plenty of time to see if they're worth the money or not. This could be a great option for those teachers already using Edmodo to see what works for them without using department money or worse, their own personal money, to do it.



**If you don't currently have classes/groups set up on Edmodo you'll need to create one that you are in charge of in order to have something to add the apps to**


Hopefully this works for you too and you can use it! :D

5 comments:

  1. Maureen, that's awesome! I can totally see how the classroom teachers can take advantage of this opportunity. I didn't see the link, but hopefully the other teachers in our class (who can use the cool apps) do get it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Maureen its so cool that you had these apps now, can use them and explore them for free. It also seems that is so important for edmodo to see the customers openion that they give them free apps for only completing the survey.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing about this! I really like being able to use trial versions of things before fully committing to purchasing new things.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maureen,
    I set up a separate edmodo a while ago, just to play around with it. How great to be able to learn more, for free. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for this information Maureen, I will most definitely play around with this as soon as this semester is officially over :)

    ReplyDelete