Thursday, October 4, 2012

Can You Focus Your Passion?

"What you are passionate about in terms of education or leadership? What do you hope to do with this passion (or what are you already doing with this passion)? If you had to narrow down your passion to one specific aspect in terms of your future research, what would it be?"

What am I passionate about in education? Everything. Can everything be an answer? No? Ok, I'll be a little more specific.

I’m passionate about:
  • Building relationships
  • Teaching & learning
  • Helping others to become good people & productive members of society
  • Making connections
  • Inspiring passion in others
  • Preparing students for the future
  • Making a difference

If I had to narrow it down though, one thing that I’d like to focus on for future research is meaningful technology integration in the classroom (specifically my Spanish classroom). This is an area that I find interesting, challenging, and practical given the influential nature that technology has on our lives and for our students’ futures. Also, the use of technology in a foreign language classroom is rich with possibilities for connection, communication, and real world application. I feel that this topic has the most potential for combining all of the things I listed above into one focus--the best of both worlds.

Do you agree? What would you focus on if you had to narrow your passion down to one thing?



1 comment:

  1. Your wordimage helps get your "teaching with passion" across. I like this visual. It adds to your blog post.I also feel that the use of technology will help students learn in a meaningful and for long term.

    ReplyDelete